MUCH MARCLE MEMORIAL HALL
Registered Charity No 520973
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
For the purposes of these conditions, the term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer, or where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative.
1. The Hirer not being a person under 18 years of age, hereby accepts responsibility for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission. No electrical appliances should be brought onto the premises without a valid Portable Appliance Test certificate.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining a Temporary Events Notice as may be needed, and for the observance of the same for the sale of alcohol. This may be obtained from Herefordshire Council :
8 St Owen Street
Hereford HR1 2PJ
or e mail licensing@ herefordshire.gov.uk
4. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority and local Magistrates’ Court. Particular attention should be paid to where fire exits are located within the building.
6. The Hirer shall not allow onto the premises more people than is covered by the licence (currently 200)
7. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
NOISE LEVELS – Please be mindful of the Hall’s near neighbours.
Please read the Hall’s Health & Safety Policy displayed in the main entrance lobby.